We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our websites. This Privacy Statement describes the Personal Information we collect and how we use that information. For any concerns or questions about how we use your personal data or about how to exercise your rights under privacy legislation, contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or call +1 416-207-6000 ext. 6465.
Personal Information is “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What Information Do We Collect and How?
We collect individual contact information (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number), but we do not collect any personal information about you through our websites unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
We also automatically collect technical information (e.g., type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system, and your domain name of the website from which you linked to our site.) in order to assist with technical troubleshooting, statistical analysis, and to improve the quality of the online experience.
How Will We Use Your Information?
We collect information to the sole purpose of contacting you in order to service your request or provide you with company information about our business. When you do provide us with personal information, we may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. We, or our approved support vendors on our behalf, may use that information to contact you; and/or we may provide other third parties with aggregate – but not individual – information about visitors to or users of our sites. We do not now and do not intend to sell, rent or market personal data about you to third parties.
How Do We Store Your Information?
We will store your data in our computer systems located within Canada and will retain your data for as long as it remains accurate for contacting you.
Will Your Information Be Shared or Transferred?
We will not sell, share or transfer your information to anyone outside of Kinectrics and our approved support vendors. Any support vendors that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and in compliance with our privacy standards.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal information, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You can exercise these rights, including the right to optout, by contacting the Kinectrics Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or call +1 416-207-6000 ext. 6465.
Information Placed Automatically on Your Computer – Cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu (for EEA residents). There are different types of cookies, including:
- Cookies placed directly by Kinectrics (First party cookies)
- Cookies placed by our behalf by service providers (Third party cookies)
- Cookies that only remain as long as your browser is open (Session cookies)
- Cookies that stay on your computer after you close your browser (Persistent cookies)
- Cookies that are necessary for the website to function properly (Necessary cookies)
- Cookies that are optional and used for advertising (Optional cookies)
How to Contact an Appropriate Authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Kinectrics has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, or the GDPR Supervisory Authority for your local country.